Mingle Media TV’s Red Carpet Report and host Kristyn Burtt were invited to come out and cover the 16th Annual PRISM Awards Red Carpet held at the Beverly Hills Hotel. This year’s winners included Parenthood, Glee, Castle, Southland, Shameless and the feature films Warrior and Take Shelter.
The 16th Annual PRISM Awards Showcase is set to be nationally televised on September 6, 2012 through flagship airing partner FX Network, as well as other cable networks, broadcast stations, video on-demand, and online.
Winners of the 16th Annual Prism Awards
- Film categories: Warrior (Lionsgate Films) received the award for Feature Film . Substance Use, while Take Shelter (Sony Pictures Classics) took the award for Feature Film . Mental Health.
- TV comedy categories: William H. Macy was honored for Performance in a Comedy Series for Showtime’s Shameless. Shameless’ Season 1 also won the Comedy Series – Substance Use award. The Comedy Series nod for Mental Health went to the “Born This Way” episode of Fox’s Glee.
- Drama Series Episode . Substance Use, the award went to NBC’s Parenthood’s “Damage Control” episode. Performance in a Drama Episode was earned by ABC’s Castle’s Jon Huertas and Stana Katic. Castle also took the award for the “Kill Shot” episode in the Drama Series Episode – Mental Health category. The winner for Drama Series Multi.Episode Storyline – Substance Use was TNT’s Southland which followed John Cooper’s drug addiction, while Drama Series Multi.Episode Storyline – Mental Health was awarded to Parenthood for its Asperger’s storyline about Max Braverman. Parenthood’s Craig T. Nelson walked away with an award for Male Performance in a Drama Series Multi.Episode Storyline. Female Performance in a Drama Series Multi.Episode Storyline went to Private Practice’s Caterina Scorsone (ABC).
- TV Movie or Miniseries: the winner was HBO’s The Sunset Limited. Performance in a TV Movie or Miniseries honors were shared by Bringing Ashley Home’s Jennifer Morrison (Lifetime) and Cyberbully’s Emily Osment (ABC).
- The PRISM Award winner for Daytime Drama Series Storyline was NBC’s Days of Our Lives.
- For Teen or Children’s Program, the honors went to PBS’s In The Mix – “Youth Against Meth… Not Even Once.”
- Dr. Drew’s Lifechangers – “Pill Popping” (CW) was the award winner for Talk Show Episode, while Unscripted Non.Fiction Program was a tie between Season 1 of Bad Sex (Logo) and Season 5 of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew (VH1).
- In the category of Documentary, News Magazine or Biographical Program – Substance Use, Vanguard – “Sex, Lies and Cigarettes” was honored.
About The Prism Awards
The Entertainment Industries Council, Inc. (EIC) annually presents, in collaboration with the FX Network, the PRISM Awards, a nationally televised awards show recognizing the accurate depiction of drug, alcohol and tobacco use and addiction, as well as mental health issues in film, television, interactive, music, DVD, and comic book entertainment. For more info please visit: http://www.prismawards.com.
For more of Mingle Media TV’s Red Carpet Report coverage please visit our website and follow us on Twitter and Facebook here:
Follow Kristyn Burtt Here