Mingle Media TV and Red Carpet Report host, Erin White, were invited to cover the taping of the Vh1 Blue Carpet for the 2012 Do Something Awards held in Santa Monica. The winner is a secret – but will be revealed on Tuesday the 21st of August! Be sure to visit our Red Carpet Report site for all the details on who won this year including photos and interviews here at http://www.redcarpetreporttv.com.
The official show will air on Tuesday, August 21st 2012, at 9 PM on VH1.
Watch our interviews with Caroline Sunshine, Anna Trebunskaya, Tommy Davidson, Kelli Berglund, Cassie Scerbo, Grace Valerie, Tucker Albrizzi, Jai Rodriguez, Catherine Reitman, Jena Sims, Alex Lombard, and Adiz Bambi on YouTube.
- Manyang Reath Kher, 23, Richmond, VA: Humanity Helping Sudan
- Meg Bourne, 22, Joplin, MO: Art Feeds
- Danny Mendoza, 23, Chino, CA: Together We Rise
- Katia Gomez, 24, San Leandro, CA: Educate2Envision
- Seth Maxwell, 24, Los Angeles, CA: The Thirst Project
- Amie Sider, 25, Kitchener, Ontario: NationWares
- Sasha Fisher, 24, New York, NY: Spark Microgrants
- Mark Arnoldy, 25, South Boston, MA: Nyaya Health
- Jaclyn Murphy, 17, Hopewell Jct, NY: Friends of Jaclyn
- Tyree Dumas, 23, Philadelphia, PA: DollarBoyz Academy
- Scott Warren, 25, Boston, MA: Generation Citizen
- Ryland King, 22, Goleta, CA: Environmental Education for the Next Generation
About VH1’s Do Something Awards
Since 1996, DoSomething.org has honored the nation’s best young world-changers, 25 and under*. Do Something Award nominees and winners represent the pivotal “do-ers” in their field, cause, or issue. In 2012 (up to) five finalists will appear on the Do Something Awards on Vh1 and be rewarded with a community grant, media coverage and continued support from DoSomething.org. The grand prize winner will receive $100,000 during the broadcast.
Follow Erin on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ErinJWhite