Mingle Media TV’s Red Carpet Report got to talk to Tony-award Winner, Sutton Foster, about her new role on the ABC Family TV series, Bunheads, premiering tonight at 9 PM ET/PT.
“Bunheads” is about a Las Vegas showgirl (Sutton Foster) who impulsively marries a man (Alan Ruck, “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”) and moves to Paradise, CA, where she finds out that he lives with his head-strong mother and ends up working at her new mother-in-law’s dance school. Awkward.
Some trivia you may not know about Sutton Foster:
- Her birthday is March 18th
- She was born in Georgia but grew up in Michigan
- She is a very talented actress, singer, and dancer
- At 15 she was a contestant on the television show Star Search
- She also has auditioned to be cast in The Mickey Mouse Club
- She has received two Tony Awards: (1) 2002 for her role of Millie Dillmount in Thoroughly Modern Millie and (2) 2011 for her role of Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes – she also says that this is her favorite role to-date, she likes Reno’s sass!
This is a story that will connect with fans of Gilmore Girls (although we are a little older) as well as younger fans who relate to the situation of pursuing a dream as a dancer and get caught up in life. We believe this is one of those series that will be around like Gilmore Girls and keep us watching as we fall in love with the story and character drama and be ever hopeful of things turning out for Michelle (Sutton Foster) and her new life.
“Bunheads” is executive-produced by Amy Sherman-Palladino and stars Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain and Emma Dumont, with guest star Kelly Bishop.
For more of Mingle Media TV’s Red Carpet coverage visit our website and follow us on Twitter and Facebook here: