Mingle Media TV and Red Carpet Report were at the 2017 Media Access Awards celebrating the power of representation, diversity, and inclusion in Media and Entertainment at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills.
2017 MEDIA ACCESS AWARDS HONOREES
- 2017 CASTING SOCIETY OF AMERICAN AWARD – TELSEY + COMPANY (THIS IS US, HAMILTON)
- 2017 PRODUCERS GUILD OF AMERICA AWARD – PRODUCER TODD LIEBERMAN (WONDER, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, STRONGER) AND PRODUCER DAVID HOBERMAN (WONDER, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, STRONGER)
- 2017 NORMAN LEAR – GERI JEWELL LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – PRODUCER FERN FIELD (MONK, MAUDE, THE FACTS OF LIFE)
- 2017 SAG-AFTRA DISABILITY AWARENESS AWARD – THE RUDERMAN FAMILY FOUNDATION
- 2017 WRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA, WEST EXCELLENCE IN WRITING AWARD – ACTOR AZIZ ANSARI (PARKS & RECREATION, MASTER OF NONE) AND WRITER ALAN YANG (PARKS & RECREATION, MASTER OF NONE, THE GOOD PLACE)
- 2017 SAG-AFTRA HAROLD RUSSELL AWARD – ACTOR NIC NOVICKI (BOARDWALK EMPIRE, THE SOPRANOS)
- 2017 WRITERS GUILD OF AMERCA WEST EVAN SOMERS MEMORIAL AWARD – SCREENWRITER ROBIA RASHID (ATYPICAL WILL & GRACE, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, THE GOLDBERGS)
- 2017 CHRISTOPHER REEVE ACTING SCHOLARSHIP – ACTOR MICKEY ROWE (THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME)
About Media Access Awards
The Media Access Awards were created in 1979 by the California Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities along with producer Fern Field and her late husband, Norman Brooks, to recognize and encourage the accurate portrayal of people with disabilities.
An estimated 56 million Americans live with disabilities. In recognition of this reality, the entertainment unions and guilds recognize the social impact of films, television, and broadcasting, and strive for an open dialogue regarding portrayals of disability and increased employment opportunities in front of and behind the scenes. To that end, the Media Access Awards celebrates producers, actors, writers, broadcasters, and casting directors who have made positive contributions to the more accurate and inclusive portrayals of persons with disabilities in film, television, and all other media. They are truly pioneers in affecting change
Sponsors Include: CBS, Comcast Universal, Bunim Murray Productions, Kevin Bright, Easter Seals Southern California, Disney ABC Television Group, Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, Starz Inc., Foundation for Respect Ability
For additional information please visit www.mediaaccessawards.com or like on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MediaAccessAwards